Do You Have An Entrepreneurial Mindset?
Do You Have the Entrepreneurial Mindset?
Consider these personality traits:
* Leadership qualities
* Creative thinking
* A feeling there is something important than what you are doing currently
* Innovative ideas
If you show any or all of these qualities, you could very well be on your way to owning your own business because you do have that entrepreneurial spirit.
How to Clear the Road toward Entrepreneurial Success
Going from the 9 to 5 grind to the entrepreneurial spirit may not be the easiest path, but it is something you CAN achieve. I did exactly this only a few short years ago and I’ve never looked back since.
However, there are several steps you need to take before forging head first into business ownership.
* Get Clear – Getting clear on what it is you want to achieve is an integral first step. It is not as simple as coming up with an idea and writing it down.
You need to have clear, specific goals when it comes to starting a new business.
* Create a plan – Once you are clear on what your goal for your new business is, you have to create a plan for success.
Write down what your goal is, how you will achieve that goal in smaller steps and then break that list down even further.
* Take action – Next, it is time to take action steps. Action steps need more than just thinking about taking them.
Declare aloud and to everyone who will listen, what your action steps are; in this way, you are accountable to your word.
* Delegate – If you are starting a new business of your own, don’t be afraid to delegate tasks, even if you don’t have a business partner or associates yet.
At some point in the future, delegating will be a task you will have to learn anyhow.
Allow family members and friends to help take the load off somewhere else while you learn all you need to know about your new business endeavour.
* Letting go – Sometimes in order to create something new, we need to let go of something old. In order to clear the path to being able to create a new business, something else might have to fall by the wayside.
Your home may need to be a little cluttered or less clean. You may have to let go of a favourite sport or activity for a while, but it is well worth it in the end.
Keeping your day job is important until you are secure financially in your new business endeavour.
It may be a difficult road to travel, but I strongly believe having an entrepreneurial mindset is a gift. Once you open it, you will be happy that you did!